Monday, August 12, 2013

Review: Groupon Gladys Skin Solution Kepong

Last month I bought a voucher from Groupon.com.my  for the hair & scalp treatment + hydrating facial + cut + wash + blow for only RM 48. Since there are 4 days Raya holidays, so I made my reservation and I'm going to do this on Friday, 2nd day of Raya. Unfortunately, for this great deal, a lot of people bought the voucher and made the reservation earlier than me, so I only able to made the reservation for facial. The person in changed say that I can claim it separately. So i had to go twice for my facial and hair treatment.

I went to this Gladys Skin Solution on Friday morning 11.30am, as I understand they will only be open by 11am. So I assumed that I'm the first customer. Well the decoration and the environment are quite good I can say. There is a very nice information table, with all the information or brochures just beside the entrance.



Then when you sit down on the sofa, the staff/ beautician will make you the flower tea (chrysanthemum with dates) for you to relax and calm down before you start the facial treatment. Very delicate glass and pot doesn't it? While you are enjoying your tea, you will need to fill in a form, just a simple one for their reference. They will be also asking you about your lifestyle and your concern. So for me, my main concern is my stubborn blackheads. Hopefully she can help me to get rid of it. 


 The facial room is quite big, with air con, and all the product will be setting up beside the bed. So the beautician will ask you to change the clothes 1st, they will provide you the robe to change.
After all set, the beautician will start the facial treatment and she will explain step by steps what she is going to do. That's the part I like the most as I like a knowledgeable beautician to explain to me all the things they are doing. The whole process last for about 1 hour but i top up RM 50 to do a full facial which includes the hyaluronic acid serum and a complete cleansing for blackheads. So the facial last for 2 hours including neck and shoulder massage. The massage is really nice as they used essence oil with the aroma of YlangYlang and rose I think. 

For my blackheads, I don't think it is a complete blackhead removal. The beautician told me that 80% of the blackheads are gone, left 20% which are very stubborn and difficult to remove. But from what I see, 20 % are gone while 80% is still there. I didn't satisfy with the result of this blackhead removal. Since I already told her that I main concern is the blackheads, doesn't she suppose to really clean it out for me?

Pros
Nice service
Friendly staff
Relax environment

Cons
Not focusing on my concern (blackheads)
Normal Price expensive

No comments:

Pages