Saturday, August 24, 2013

Rice cooker recipe

Since I'm not currently staying at my house, and all I got in this temporary house kitchen is a rice cooker. So I'm gonna use it to cook my dinner. Today I'm going to cook is a all in one pot dinner. Using only the rice cooker, simple ingredient, and you will have a complete balance meal. You will get the balance food pyramid in your dinner (Protein, greens and carbohydrate).

As usual here are the ingredients:

Rice
Spinach
Bean sprout
Pea shoots
Chicken fillet
2 eggs
Deep fried bean curd or we call Tou Fu Pok

Seasoning
Oyster sauce
Soy sauce
Salt
Pepper
Peanut oil or sesame oil


1. Marinate the chicken fillet with a little bit of oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. No measurement needed, just follow your instinct.

2. Pour 4-5 cups of water in the rice cooker, add in some salt & oil then bring it to boil. We need to cook the vegetable one by one, so any sequence will do. I boil the bean sprout, following by the pea shoot, last i put the spinach. When all the vegetable is ready, put it aside for later used.

3. Steam the chicken with the deep fried bean curd. I add in a little bit of water to make sure the bean curd has enough of the liquid to absorb. Steam it for about 10-15 minutes or as the chicken cooked.

4. Wash your pot, then is time to cook the rice. Depends on how much rice you want to eat, so you cook what ever quantity that you want. Just about 5 minutes before the rice cooked, put it all the vegetables and the chicken around the pot. Leave a space in the middle of the pot. Crack in 1 or 2 eggs in the middle, put the lid on and wait for the rice to be cooked. After the mode change to keep warm, let it set for awhile just to make sure the eggs are cooked. There you go a complete dinner for 2 or 3 persons. I prefer to eat the chicken separately so I didn't add them in.





No comments:

Pages